Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Conquerer

I often express how much I love reading blogs. Only the truthful ones, though. The ones who are truthful enough to let you know how frustrating motherhood can be, how demanding marriage is and how grueling balancing life seems at times. Recently my heart has been completely broken and my mind completely stretched while reading some of the most tragic life events of others.

These stories, while so trying, seem unfathomable my mind can't stop trying to comprehend why these things happened, how the person will get through the circumstance and when healing will find them complete. A young woman from my hometown who I have only met once gave birth to two identical twin boys at 20 weeks who didn't make it. My sister had a classmate commit suicide. Kim Kardashian is getting divorced after 72 days (spare me your latest jokes because frankly divorce is just not funny to me). Another young person committed suicide because of hateful peers who just wouldn't give them a break. And lately I was introduced to a website of testimonies from couples who decided to not allow their mistakes of adultry turn to the choice of divorce.

My biggest struggle today was using tweezers to remove bits of toilet paper that Cola had shoved sooo deeply inside her nose I was confident we would be going to the pediatrician. My biggest disappointment was my son jumping off the swing AGAIN at it's highest point and landing on his chin (no worries he's fine). My only hurt was a slight sore throat I seem to be fighting off again. While I am so thankful tragedy has been far from my heart and grief forgein from my soul I can't help but to ask what have I conquered today.

The only thing I can think of is myself. My heart has grown a little more compassionate and mind a little more challenged as I try to think of this heart wrenching events. It makes me want to give more, pray more intently and most of all thank God more often.

No comments: