Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Quietest Little Troublemaker

I never thought I would see the day where my daughter would give me trouble all day long. I mean she has always been so peaceful, snuggly, sweet and quiet. About a month ago I feel like a different child woke up and took over my kid!

Today I went to the kitchen to fix dinner and left Cola sitting with a book in the living room. I seriously never heard a peep! I figured she was looking quietly at her book, like always. Uh, no. She was taking every ornament off the tree....AGAIN...and had taken the entire strand of lights off. She was standing the arm of the couch leaning over and I caught her and the tree just as they both begin to sway and lose their balance. Did I mention I never heard a peep?

Dalen and I have read 10 Christmas books so far. Tonight was his favorite selection The Polar Express. We all piled in the bed as a family and I thought we were all listening intently as I read about the little boy who traveled by train to the North Pole. Umm, no. The next thing I know I see my petite, powdered-covered "princess" re-enter our bedroom with a shameful look on her face. She had stripped herself down to her pull up. I looked at my husband in disbelief and finally asked, "What? How? She was just laying next to me!" None of us ever heard her walk out of our room or get into the pantry, open the box of bisquick, pour it all over the kitchen floor and ROLL IN IT! Seriously! How quiet can a kid be? Well, I guess when I prayed my 2nd would be quieter than my 1st I surely found favor!

Not only has she been into things she has had a mind of her own. She casually tells us no with a roll of the eyes as if she is granting our every wish. It's crazy!

For some reason I think we are going to be seeing a lot of messes between the two Hoodlums. Let the good times roll!

No comments: