Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011







This Thanksgiving was my favorite Thanksgiving EVER. We made it a priority to do family, family and more family. My parents came in on Wednesday, I made dinner (which turned out great, sigh of relief), and then Thursday we headed to Belleview to my dad's side of the family to eat and spend the day.

There were a whopping 50 people in attendance-thank God for a massive bounce house, HUGE front porch and acres of flat, wide open, grassy fields for the kids to run absolutely wild. The day was so full! Not full of busy or stress but full of laughter, loved ones and the kind of fellowship that makes your heart fall deeper in love with your family. We all brought a dish or two and sat at long covered tabled on my aunt and uncles front porch (yes, it's that big). The kids had an absolute blast! The ran, jumped and slid a million times again in the field and on the bounce house. If your weather permits one I would strongly suggest renting one for large family gatherings and of course if your property allows space for one.

Wednesday night we put up the tree, with the help of my mom. My dad sat and let us know of every bare spot and Mario took pictures. She turned out so pretty! Cola has de-ornamented the tree several times and shattered one ornament by tossing it on the tile floor. I guess that's just all a part of it? Dalen got the honors of putting the angel on the top.

All in all it was a great few days! It is still strange to me though. To look around and see my cousins who I used to run around in the rain in my panties with, now mothers and wives and working full time. It's also probably the first time I looked around at my family of great aunts and uncles and grandparents and even parents and see their age. It's increasing by the day. It hit me this year they won't be here forever. Which one of us will open the door of our home when they are gone? Very strange feeling but I felt it heavy and deep within. For now I am just thankful we had another year with them.

No comments: