Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Creative Outlets

I truly believe God hand-crafted every individual roaming the Earth. I believe that every person is therefore unique sharing qualities of common interest with others but I do not think there are mirror images of a person's individuality. That's why we are individuals (divided or separate from another).
I think God has given me so many desires and thoughts concerning His people and kingdom however, I feel I am lacking an outlet for these things. I LOVE to write. I mean absolutely love it! In my drawers at home you can find candy wrappers and napkins with my thoughts that I jot down for future opportunities for a book or Sunday School lesson. I just feel jittery all of the time. I literally feel like I have so much creativity and gifts to pour out but they are pent up inside of me due to a lack of outlets.
I don't say creativity to toot my own horn, but rather as an expression of praise that God has crafted me as an individual that is so relatable to so many different people. I can relate to young mothers, college students, single people (I was there not too long ago), married couples and so many more. I just wonder how I can relate when there doesn't seem to be an outlet connecting us physically. I know my heart is connected to other people's heart but how can your reach those that aren't physicallt there?
So today, I am praying for a creative outlet. It sounds so complicated but it's really a simple prayer. Lord, just open a door for me to be able to connect to someone that could benefit from the gifts you have instilled inside of me. Help me to be careful that your name is honored in doing so. Amen.

No comments: