Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Saturday

Wow! What a weekend! Friday I had the day off and we didn't stop all day. I drug Dalen to one end of town to another. He did pretty good and took a decent nap alongside of me. Friday night was my night to stay over with Olivia so I left Dalen and Mario behind. Saturday began quickly and I don't think once again we stopped once!!


Here is Dalen at about 8:30 a.m. He loves climbing through our kitchen chairs. Why? Don't ask me!! He pulls them on top of himself and cries like he has just been struck by lightening and the minute you turn your head he is back pulling them over again. That mountain in the background is our heaping pile of dirty laundry that we never finished.At about 11 a.m. we left the house for some Chik-Fil-A as we vebtured off to find a nice basket with a lid for Dalen's toys that are kept in our family room. (We never found one) The play area was empty and we decided to let Dalen play in the playground room. Mario took him down the sllide twice and he LOVED it....as you can see. Here they are climbing to the top. Dalen looked down at me and it was like he was shocked at how high up they were.
While Dalen and Mario played for a while I got an invite from Abby to go swimming with Fletcher and Winston. We accepted and Mario took off to see Batman. Dalen did great and had a blast. Here he is in the kiddy beach chairs. The boys played so nice and were very mindful Dalen was a lot smaller and younger than they were.
I promise I lathered sunscreen on him 3 times. It didn't work!!! Abby is my witness. After all the errand running and swimming he was out like a light.

At 5:00 we went to my paren's house. My dad grilled out and it was Meredith's first leave from her house. it was a fun time with family. Regretfully, I don't have pics from that event. Olivia was dressed in pink from head to toe and she looked so adorable. Meredith looks awesome! She is 40 lbs. lighter than what she was when she first got pregnant. She started physical therapy today and lasted 3 minutes on her ams and legs workout which is what they set her goal at. She is doing amazing.

No comments: