Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Same

Olivia yawning. Olivia sleeping.

Last night I had the opportunity to sit for 50 minutes and hear my father speak at a gathering of missionaries. I don't get to hear my dad speak that often and it's a shame. He has brilliant thoughts and a unique way of wording them. I am finally to the point in life where I appreciate my parents. Took a while, huh?

The topic was pretty difficult to define; for me anyway. My dad however, in one line, summed up the topic. The other time was spent elaborating on this statement. "A spirit filled family is a family who lives out behind closed doors what they live out behind the the pulpit." His topic was of course spirit filled families. Brilliant, simple and digestable.

At the close of his sharing, he began to share an encouragement to all of the individuals in the room. The words he spoke were the highlights of the miracle my family has witnessed first hand the last 14 days.

I'm not exaclty sure how many people read this blog. Maybe a few, maybe none at all. For the sake of the few, if there are a few, I must not forsake the possibility there may be a reader spiritually stagnent or in a state of faith trying circumstances. I would like to share a few thoughts or facts with you.

God Almighty, is the same as he was since the beginning of time. He still reigns in Glory yet, he is still present with man always. There is no disease he can't cure and there is no emergency that surprises him. Life is simple to God. There is not one single problem that he can't solve. He still performs miracles. The greatness of a miracle is the concrete evidence that God is indeed living and alive. The supernatural can not and will not ever be explained. When doctors shake their heads don't call them uneducated just call their response divine. Unbelievers may doubt unexplainable workings of the hand of God. Thats ok. His word says he is a worker of mysterious ways. When life hits hard, don't try to figure God out. You will fail. His ways are so supernaturally divine and above what our thoughts could comprehend. The mysterious workings of God are the mysteries we will never be able to solve. Pray without ceasing and request without doubting and watch your conversations with the Almighty avail much!

No comments: