Monday, September 29, 2008

Fireproof Date Night

Friday was a night Mario and I had been looking foward to for a long time. It was the release of the Fireproof movie. We are strong supporters of any Christian movie and this one was well worth the support. It was so funny yet serious. It really portrayed how hard marriage can be and how the fix isn't always so fun or easy. Of course the best part was seeing how a marriage will never be complete or whole without the love of God first.
We sent Dalen off to First Baptist for what they call Parent's Night Out. You can leave your kid there from 6-10 for $7. I have been so impressed by First Baptist and their ministries. Of course, Dalen attends their Parent's Day Out too. They are the first church I have see who truly does outreach the way God would want us to. Their outreach has no limitations. You don't have to attend their church to participate or take advantage of what their church is allowing families to do. I am really glad we have found this church even though we don't attend.
It had been a while since Mario and I sent Dalen off so we could go out. I mean we have not been out in FOREVER, just us. It made me realize how unaware we are of it too. Everytime we send Dalen off to a sitters its for work or so we can do this or that, but its always something we are obligated to do. We had a great time and it was fun to go to a movie with other believers. I totally recommend this movie.