Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quiet Reflections of a vision fulfilled

The wind that furiously barged in the small crack of my window, left no doubts that fall was creeping in. The long and windy road led me to heartache as I allowed myself to finally miss him. It was the first time my heart was allowed to miss him. To grieve his presence that was no longer near. Every sharp curve my tires embraced with snug hugs making it feel as though I was accelerating every time the road winded really sharp. Above me green leaves smothered the skyline with a drooping canopy of weakening limbs. The lushis greens would soon be fading orange and yellow as fall became dominant.

I missed him. With all that was within me. My child, turning one in a day, and all I could wish for was for him to be there. If only he could have held on a few more days. My engine grew silent, the wind calmed and my car grew intensly warm. Soft and irritable whines came from the back seat. After removing my son from his carseat we strolled along the road. Downhill we soared, the wind against us.

Looking aimlessly, a dazed vision became fully focused. This must have been what he envisioned. So long ago Eagle's Nest was just a grassy field interrupted with a few carved dirt roads and dominated by one large hill. No houses, no prospective buyers, just an empty vision. But today that vision was fulfilled. Black asphalt gleemed as the sun shone down heavy. Perfect landscape encircled most mailboxes and vibrant growing grass blanketed every front yard. The hill was now speckled with homes that peeked through abandoned tree limbs.

And there in its central part, his prize. A man made pond. A gazeebo had been strategically placed northwest and not far from it a swing. Too curious I refrained from getting too close to see if any fish still swimmed in the water. Though he was far away his vision was so alive. All around me, was all he had desired. Not forgotten, but very much so alive, fulfilled.

1 comment:

Mario Hood said...

good stuff... when is the book coming out!! Get started....now!