Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Musical Madness

Today was my first day at work trying to get Dalen to nap. Literally, I almost lost my mind. There are no doors to the room he naps in. Therefore, his ear piercing screams filled the whole store and my eardrums. Aunt Mary got him a lullaby cd that has helped a lot. But guess what....IT WAS AT HOME! Immediately, I began to surf the net for soft tunes to help seranade baby Dalen to sleepytown. Every single one of them had to be downloaded or paid for. I had the bright idea of searching Myspace music but I got no easy listening after typing in lullaby.

At this point I was ready to scream but God allowed me to stay calm...literally. For some odd reason I thought of Josh Groban...whom I absolutely loathe....and typed his name into the Myspace music search. Finally his page pulls up and begans to softly whisper his annoying and overwhelming vibratto. After, one song my head was spinning from focusing so closely to how many times his voice would break into ripples of notes held forever. I was on the verge of having a dizzy spell. Hurridly, I searched Kenny G. The man I have forever made fun of my mom for loving. His page had one song! ONE SONG! And there was a woman singing to his music. I was so unfocused on work because she was singing in another language all I could do was try to decipher what language. My mind was bouncing back and forth from french to spanish...yes that is how diverse her accent was.

After storming out of the room and to the storefront, I sat down to finish working as Dalen's screams echoed from the back jolting to the innermost parts of my ear. After nearly an hour, finally peace. What a trial!

No comments: