Thursday, October 1, 2009

Toss Out The Blue...and start scanning pink!


I am so behind on my blogging! The worst part of being behind on your blog about life, is that life NEVER stops so it feels as though you will never catch up! Anyhow, Monday was the big day to find out the sex of the baby. I was kind of nervous going into my appointment because I hadn't felt the baby move ALL morning! I just knew her stubbornness would kick in and she wouldn't roll over for us to see the golden parts.
As the ultrasound tech began exploring the baby (in her words) "head to rump" I was overwhelmed with joy with healthy reports and proof of a growing, stretching baby. She was wiggly and kept stretching and looking right at us! I have felt all along that the baby was a girl and Mario decided he felt it was a girl too. WE WERE RIGHT! We told the ultrasound lady this and she replied, "I think you are right!" I gasped because after Dalen I just imagined life full of boys, chaos, stinky laundry and sports. With those few words my mind drifted off to ballet, tap, jazz, cheerleading, gymnastics, fresh laundry smelling of lavender and vanilla....while Mario's mind drifted off to gun shopping to protect his little princess (yes, he later told me this).
After telling Mario all of the things she could explore such as ballet and cheerleading my fantasy fog evaporated to the clouds with Mario's eyes as big as golf balls, his eye brows raised and then he asked and who is going to be paying for all of this. With that question I must admit it was hard not to have a panic attack but I compromised that she would just have to pick one.
As you can tell, I am so excited about our soon coming baby girl, Cola Leese. And I could care less what anyone has to say about the name we picked. I think its the sound of grace colliding with femininity. My ever so supportive mom says, "Well, it's no weirder than that Hollywood lady naming her kid Apple." My Dad encouraged me to choose a "normal name for the sake of the child". Oh parents, parents. I must remind any of my readers my parents are the crazy ones that named my middle sister Margo for three days and then realized they had better change it.

1 comment:

lindsay rae said...

yay for a baby girl! how exciting!!