Monday, May 10, 2010

Highlights/Lowlights




I would do a big elaborate post about Mother's Day BUT I am the horrible mom that let the special day come and go without taking one single picture with my little ones! We had an awesome first Sunday at our new church and Dalen really enjoyed his class. The kids made handmade cards for their moms (which he totally destroyed in the back seat on the way to the restaurant) that was so super cute. Dalen's card was absolutely covered in glue. I can just envision how that happened lol.

Saturday was filled was fun family events as well BUT my phone got wet at the pool and at first gave me slight problems with texting and now won't even cut on! Luckily my contract is up and I am eligible for a new phone. I will blog about those events when I have the pics to upload from my phone memory card.

There has been a blog in the making for a long time now but for one reason or another I have decided not to post it. Can I just express HOW annoying it is for people to only blog, tweet, or update their statuses with the HIGHlights of life? I mean seriously we ALL know there are some LOWlights of life too! I had the most hilarious conversation with one of my friends a few months back about how Facebook was causing me to sin. Seriously, it was. Of course the choice was ultimately mine but there is NOTHING more annoying than the whole positive status on a daily basis when you know what is REALLY going on in someone's life.

I explained to my friend these are my Facebook Foes not my friends. I just can't stand anything that is not completely honest, genuine and transparent. That doesn't mean you have to air your dirty laundry but it also is no excuse to lie to the world that you life is full of sweet nothings and sunshiney days. What really kills me is women who are constantly talking about how wonderful their husbands are. Don't get me wrong I can and have blogged on the great husband I have but then there are those days where yes, he leaves the toilet seat up or the bowl of milk from his cereal sitting out for days. The truth is no one is perfect and therefore somedays our life is just plain crappy. I'll put it this way if I read your blog it isn't because I like fairytales it's because I love to hear the highlights and the lowlights and how you celebrate and move forward through both.

Now onto another kind of highlights...I am 25 and I have NEVER colored my hair. I figure if I can't even afford and remember to keep up with my own eyebrows I wouldn't be consistent on coloring my hair BUT I have been thinking about it. It's amazing what you contemplate when you are bored. I don't know we will see!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I realize you probably don't know me, but I have met you, and I know Abby (if you need a reference). I just want to AMEN this post.

I even had to write in my own response. I think facebook needs a "I know you someway somehow and I think we should be linked so I can look at your pictures" button.

I really love your writing, and admire that you are real, and not blogging about being happy 24/7.

Abigail said...

hahaa.... have you read my most recent post? hilarious. thus why we're such good friends because we're always on the same wave length. and bummer about your phone but at least you can get a new snazzy one!!! MISS YOU!