Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Home.






We landed safely in Orlando today. So far we have been to Wal-Mart, Target and Publix. I feel like everything I am going to need on a weekly basis is within just a few blocks from our apartment. I am super happy with our choice in apartments mainly because of the spaciousness and location. The community seems really quiet. I guess that will all change now that Dalen is in town. Bless his heart, he is having quite the adjustment coming to terms with the fact that someone lives under us.

I said all of my goodbyes yesterday and last night and there was no bittersweet goodbye-only bitter. I honestly cannot comprehend the distance between myself and friends and family yet. The trip here was let's just say interesting. Security check is impossible with two children! I had my 40 pound diaper bag, carry on, Cola, Dalen, Boppy Pillow, two boarding passes and my ID ALL in hand. Actually Dalen cooperated and walked most of the way. I literally could have screamed when the security woman asked me for my hands to do some new test for bomb residue. She asked me for my hands after watching me get everything picked up and situated . The seatbelt sign wasn't even off yet when I realized Cola had already pooped in her diaper and when the family across the aisle began to sniff and look confused I knew I had NO choice but to brave the itty bitty bathroom. If I were 10 pounds heavier it would have been impossible! While I stood getting my diaper bag ready Dalen stood on his seat, put his hand over heart and began to recite the pledge of allegiance. After I got him down he charged for the bathroom which happened to be in the direction of the cockpit. Luckily the stewardess didn't seem to be alarmed.

Our house is a wreck and boxes are covering every square inch. I am so ready to be settled. So far I feel like we are just passing through and this unfamiliar house is not home yet but soon enough it will be.

No comments: