Friday, May 7, 2010

Missing

Yesterday I ventured out on my own. I made it to a movie by myself, laughed my head off and did the family grocery shopping. I didn't get lost at all thank goodness. Prices here are outrageous! From a gallon of gas to a gallon of milk-it doesn't matter you are looking at a major increase! I honestly thought about asking customer service if they took returns our bill was so high. It was at LEAST twice the amount of what we would have paid in Cleveland and yes, frugals, I used coupons.

Just to give you a little idea a frozen pizza was $6.49! I wouldn't even pay that for handmade, hand tossed, crust with UNprocessed cheese! Yesterday my prayer was-Lord, do you remember that story from so long ago? You know, the one where you sent a raven to feed the hungry ones? Yeah, him! Send him on over! Rather quickly please! When I got home from Publix I noticed my contact would not stay still. I took it out cleansed it and realized it has a tear. I haven't made it to the Super Wal-Mart yet but I am praying they have one of the ghetto fabulous vision centers here like they do in Cleveland!

Yesterday Dalen started running a fever. He became whiney and really that was the only other symptom. This morning he drank orange juice and literally spewed the worst smelling vomit all over me and our carpet that was just cleaned! It literally went like this...

SPEEEEEWWWWW!!!!!!
Me-High pitched gasp.
Dalen-Oops. Sorry I throw up mom. Can I watch Alvin?
Me-Go to the bathroom before you puke again!
Dalen-I said sorry. I not going to pute (puke)again!

He didn't even miss a beat! His fever went away and hopefully we didn't spread whatever he has to the pool because he begged to go swimming. Yesterday and today we went and it just so happened the pool man checked the water both days. Poor guy! He barely speaks English and when he tries to answer Dalen's questions Dalen just laughs and laughs because he thinks he sounds funny.

So I haven't cried since we have been here and I have done great emotionally. But there are a few things I already miss about good ol' Cleveland!

1. I miss being able to get ANYWHERE in 10 minutes or less.
2. I miss my hairstylist and I am CONVINCED to wait until June to get my hair cut again JUST so he can do it.
3. You can say whatever you want about Pi Kappa Pi but I SOOOO miss my green discount card! It was the purchase that just kept paying for itself!
4. I miss the great photographers. I need someone to capture my little one before she isn't little anymore!
5. I miss Minos at Gondolier and being yelled at when I didn't approach the counter fast enough.
6. I miss Walter's because I am convinced if I tried to clean my car myself I would die of a heat stroke.
7. I miss my gynecologist. I really bonded with her!
8. I miss Dalen screaming he has to go to work when we pass by "Cleveland Church".
9. I miss Parent's Night Out.
10. And last but certainly NOT least-I miss my amazing family and wonderful friends.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

ohhh no. Don't make me sad by already having an "i miss" list.
=( It will all get better!