Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fridays of Fun

Have I ever mentioned that Fridays are my day out? I can do whatever I want, when I want to-on a modest amount of money. My husband takes the kids, changes diapers, gets up early, prepares the meals and I enjoy sleeping in and whatever else I feel the need to do.

When I first started doing this I was kind of bummed about my modest amount of spending I get to do for the day but now it is SOOOO fun. I must brag on myself and say I ALWAYS have a few bucks left and prove to myself that a good time doesn't have to cost a lot. Typically I enjoy a movie at the dollar theater and I love to mosey on over and enjoy the dollar scoop of Gelato at Red Brick Pizza (less calories, cheap cost!).

Yesterday I enjoyed having my nails painted...RED. It was then I realized I am getting old or act older than I should b-c I realized getting Pretty Woman Red was the most daring thing I had done in a while. Just remember good nails don't have to cost a lot. Pass on the pampering and just request a polish change and it's typically between $5-7 and don't forget to tip!

I visited Marshall's to buy Cola's birthday outfit, which was a dress with a scene from London around the bottom. It had tea shops, phone booths, tea pots, big ben....it was perfect for her tea party birthday but I sadly realized they didn't have her size :(

Today I found a new outfit. It wasn't the style I wanted and doesn't really match the tea theme but oh well, she will be cute no matter what she wears and the outfit screams DIVA ALERT! Enjoy some pics of our week!
All smiles!
Library day!
Dalen's "color train" he made while we waited for storytime.
Big girl sitting in a big girl chair!
Cola ready to clobber Dalen for teasing her about eating broccoli while he devoured chicken!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I wish I lived in Orlando so I could be with you on Fridays. =)