Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Son



Tonight on our way to church, Dalen said some pretty funny things. I'm sure you aren't surprised. He told me he wanted Kinger Burg for dinner (Burger King) and then told me I was a "pretty awesome driver" when I turned the corner a little to quickly. His laughter soon faded when we got to church and I realized he was running a fever.

Yeah, it happens that fast! He threw an absolute fit when I told him we were going to have to come home. He is now sleeping sound, Cola is comfy in her crib snoozing away. The picture above is before I put her down for bed. She kept squeeling for Dalen to look at his watch she found but he was sleeping so of course didn't respond and so she kept pushing it as hard as she could right on his nose. She is too funny.

I took Dalen to the doctor on Saturday and they gave him a clean bill of health-after a strep test. He was fine Sunday and Monday and all of the sudden he is "hot and cold all over my skin and bones" tonight. It's the strangest thing. Please say a prayer if you think of him. Of course, I am praying it's not the dreaded flu.

All of my friends and family are enjoying snow days inside this week. They got about 8 inches! Cheers to hot cocoa and snowball fights and please think of me while sitting in front of your crackling fireplace! Florida has gotten the yucky end of the snow storms-rain. Not too much but enough to make you say yuck. Well I guess you are pretty desperate for conversation when you start talking about the weather. So, if you will, excuse me I just rented a DVD from Redbox and I think I'll take full advantage of some peace and quiet, while it lasts!

1 comment:

lindsay rae said...

Let me first say, Dalen and Ben would be hilarious together! Secondly, I have to agree that it is refreshing to leave the baby at home sometimes. :) While Ben is a fantastic big brother, he is just kind of a different boy when it's JUST him and me.