Sunday, January 9, 2011

Party for a Princess




Here we are at the beginning of 2011. If I've said it once I'll say it a million times, "I can't believe we are the start of a new year!" I also can't believe that I am start to plan for Cola's 1st birthday! I can remember feeling like the time went quickly in Dalen's first year but with Cola I feel like it has literally flown by, not to mention she is so petite it's even harder to believe in less than a month she will be one!

I've also talked a lot about how different Dalen and Cola are and I am really trying to plan a party she will enjoy. Nothing worse than a house full of guests and the birthday girl/boy not enjoying their own party. We all know Cola likes to observe and occaisonally get involved in activities but not often. She is a total less is more type of gal and I LOVE it! Because she is young and I don't know too many people with babies as young as her I am checking out all kinds of things she would enjoy.

I THINK (not positive) I have settled on taking her to a character breakfast, lunch or dinner. I haven't decided which meal we will do but I think it will be perfect for her. This chica LOVES to eat, she can watch the characters, touch and talk to them if she wants and I know Dalen will enjoy this too. I never realized just how many different places did these things! There are several places that do princess themed character meals and I'm just narrowing down which one we would love the best. I like what I am seeing about Cinderella's Royal Table and it comes with a photo package.

Our church began the Daniel's Fast today. My husband has asked me several times in all seriousness, "How we will survive withtout chicken??" To be honest I am not very sure. If any of you have any easy and inexpensive recipes feel free to comment and leave me ideas. I am really excited to see what God will do in our home and church through 21 days of prayer and fasting and continuing to read the New Testament in 30 days. I am also eager to see exactly how much a good diet changes your body and mood.

No comments: