Thursday, January 13, 2011

Karate Kid



This is my Karate Kid. He's not allowed to do karate moves anymore (b-c he kept practicing on his sister, no I'm not kidding) but it was the only way he would allow me to take his picture with him looking. He is so anti-picture taking these days! Did mention in my last post Mario has been under the weather too? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go back and look.

By Wednesday morning Dalen was acting normal again. Still has the sniffles and a cough but no fever. Mario is on the mend as well-we think! I took Dalen to the mall playground and left C with Daddy. Dalen really is a totally different kid when it's just him. He's a lot calmer and listens a lot better.

Here is a post about a few funny things he has done/said lately. Mario was wrestling with him last night and they "play punch" and roll around growling and screaming. Mario thrust one of his play punches right over Dalen's heart and Dalen yelled,"Hey, Dad! Don't hit me in my heart, Jesus lives in there!" Good to know huh? I'm sure his house wasn't shaken.

It's freezing here today! Like in the lower 30s! I made Dalen wear his big fluffy coat and his teeth were chattering by the time we got in the car and he said, "Man, this cold is going to freeze my teeth off my lips, Mama!"

Upon pulling out of our apt. complex a lady decided to run a stop sign and nearly hit us head on. She threw her hands up at me like I had done something wrong. I threw mine right back up and pointed and yelled "YOU'VE got the stop sign, NOT me!" She took a quick glance behind her and covered her mouth as if to say she didn't see it. We both then made our turns and Dalen threw his hands up in the back seat huffing in the most sracastic tone ever, "Welp, that just went great, Megan!" I laughed hysterically and asked, "what went great?" His reply- "I just can't talk about it, Mom. Too, just too, frustrated." He is so hilarious.

We get to the mall playground and Dalen takes his jacket off and turns to the lady next to us and says, "This jacket was 160 bucks! Ok?" She was totally taken back for a moment and then just laughed for a long time. I assured her it indeed did not cost that much.

We had a very nice time at the mall and even visited our friends at the card shop who of course don't acknowledge me until Dalen pops around the corner. When we left dalen let me know he likes leaving little leesey (cola) at home...a lot!

No comments: