Monday, January 31, 2011

The Dreaded Flu

Little Lady of the house began running a fever yesterday and at about 3:30 today I realized it was just not coming down and infact it kept going up. I am so thankful for the GREAT pediatrician's office I have found here. They squeezed me in and of course had us in and out within an hour.

They took her temp in both ears and I knew something was fishy when the nurse said I'd like to take her temp rectally as well. She had a fever of 104.5. She was shaking uncontrollably. They tested for the flu and it came back negative but because nothing else appeared to be a problem they are pretty sure it's the flu. All of the symptoms add up. Can I just express what a pitiful sight she is?

Please whisper prayers for her today and mention her being well by Thursday, her 1st birthday. I am excited about a talented and super sweet youth group member doing her cake and we have reservations at the tea house for our family. My parents were supposed to come in this weekend but my mom got sick and my dad realized his schedule wouldn't allow it. Let's just say we have seen better days than today.

No comments: