Monday, February 2, 2009

How you can spend $80 @ Wal-Mart & leave with NOTHING!

Today was so crazy!  Flurries turned into a white blanket of snow that covered cars, yards and every roof in the city (for a few hours anyway).  Since Mario was at work I really felt we needed to go get groceries...just in case.  We had NOTHING.  I really didn't want to do it with Dalen being sick and who wants to go to Wal-Mart and fight over the last loaf of bread on the shelf?

So we arrive and I am waiting for the first parking space after the handicapped ones.  I couldn't believe it!  God must have smiled down on us and sent us a great spot.  Just as I am turning a big white van turns into it before me!  I just sat in utter disbelief.  An elderly man walked from the van.  I am honestly not sure that he saw my car, flashing blinker or my finder that he nearly knocked off while barricading me out of MY parking spot.  I drive to the next row and get one just as good, HA!

Wal-Mart was a mad house (what's new?).  I was hurriedly trying to get everything in our buggy.  The only time I stopped was to carefully read the label on these banana cookies I saw for Dalen.  We really don't do sweets yet but they had no sugar and they were made from whole grain wheat.  I mosey on back to the deli.  Dalen is getting anxious at this point.  He is pulling some snack packs up into his seat.  Over walks an elderly lady.  Ok I love my elders and I mean no disrespect but I was kinda in a hurry.  She begins talking to Dalen and I totally ignore her (I always ignore strangers that come up to me or Dalen), I mean I was taught you don't talk to strangers, right?  

She is leaning in MY buggy looking at what I got!  Unbelievable, lady!  She then says oh what do you have?  Cookies?  NO!  Mommy wouldn't get you cookies.  You're too little.  Ok Nosey Nelly, BACK OFF!  You are breathing all over stuff I am sooner or later going to eat.  Isn't it so annoying when someone speaks about you when  you are standing right there? If you want to know if I got MY son cookies ask ME and if you have a problem with that....too bad the key word in my son is MY.

Finally I said yes I did get him cookies.  No sugar and made from whole grain wheat.  Its amazing what they have, huh?  Just when I think I can walk off Dalen begins waving bye bye and shouting it.  So then she must run to her husband telling her to look and asking Dalen to repeat it.  Sometimes us moms just want to get through the store without a million stops of gawking people.

So I leave and spent $80.  I have a little philosophy concerning grocery shopping...If I am doing the shopping I buy what I want, what Dalen needs and what Mario suggests.  If I don't want it, Dalen doesn't need it and Mario doesn't suggest it...It ain't getting bought...by me anyway.  So when I text Mario and ask what he wants he gives me the typical guy answer...oh I don't know, just the regular stuff.  

So I get home Mario goes to make a sandwich and says where the mayonnaise?  Uh, you didn't mention mayonnaise.  Here we go again.  Mario is the pickiest guy on the planet.  He insists bread, ham and cheese isn't enough and refuses to eat a sandwich without mayonnaise.  So he asks what else did you get. I don't know, Mario! Look in the cabinets!  We begin searching through the cabinets and all we find is baby food, stuff for chili, waters, and a few snack things.  Is this possible?  $80 on nothing??!!  

I scored a frozen dinner out of the freezer.  After totally going off on Mario for being so picky and ridiculous I began to eat the dinner.  It was HORRIBLE!  DISGUSTING!  But of course, I couldn't tell him that.  If I did, he would use it against me after all I just said.  So I sneak over to the trash and carefully begin to throw it away.  Mario comes in and I smile slightly and keep walking.  He begins smiling and laughing.  Then he says, You just threw that away didn't you?  We both begin to laugh hysterically.  Oh well, I tried.

  

No comments: