Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mama Loves You....

Every single night without fail, unless traveling or illness or some unlikely event plays a hinderance, you can count on the same thing to happen.  Mario is going to put Dalen to bed and occasionally I will stand in the doorway to watch or sit by the rocker to feel a part too.  Right as Dalen is drifting to sleep, Mario leans in close to him and says the same thing EVERY night, "mama loves you, daddy loves you & Jesus gonna save you."  
In between these phrases he kisses Dalen softly (sometimes I pucker up right after he says the part about mama and kiss him after that one) and then he gently places him in his crib. Tonight was different.  Mario went to Atlanta with friends for the Passion church service.  I had no desire to go so I told him to go without me and I stayed with Dalen.
Dalen is starting to become so smart and I really think his awareness of things increases daily. So I did everything Mario does and as I placed Dalen in his crib I said the 3 things.  It made me realize a few things.
1.  I miss my husband when he isn't here (whether I am conscious about it or not).
2.  There was no one here to abruptly turn the channel as soon as Extreme Home Makeover ended & the beginning of Desperate Housewives appears (we do NOT allow such ridiculous & immoral shows to play in our home & I hope you don't either.)
3.  He is REALLY good at putting Dalen  to bed and very patient.
4.  Dalen reminds me of Mario more when Mario isn't here.
5.  Somedays I think I am content with the 3 of us and immediately after the split second I think I am, a longing in my heart yearns for so many more babies.

No comments: