Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Have Butterflies!


I have butterflies! They are swarming all around in my belly! Tomorrow is our three year anniversary and on Friday we head for our FIRST getaway since Dalen has been born to the Biltmore. I am soooo excited!

I think Google has gotten about 50 hits just from us checking out the area to see what else we can occupy our time with, besides the Biltmore of course. Thinking back to last year, Mario was jobless and we couldn't afford to do anything to celebrate another year together and this year we are going away to a really nice motel and I know we are going to have a great, much needed time away.

Here are 5 things I am looking forward to...

5. Waking up in the morning to silence....no crying, no alarm, no dreaded day ahead at work.

4. Packing our portable DVD player and hooking it up in our room to watch late night DVDs....WITH NO INTERRUPTION! (I have already googled directions to the nearest Bi-Lo to get our movies from REDBOX & I have the FREE code for the week WAHOO!)

3. Visiting the winery at the Biltmore. (No, I don't drink wine but vineyards and wineries have always intrigued me.)

2. Being able to go to places without seeing ANYONE we know! Thats the ONE thing I absolutely HATE about living in a small town. You can't go ANYWHERE without having to speak with someone.

1. Being with Mario in a new city, far from home (ok not too far, but far enough) and getting to see new attractions through his eyes.

Ok can you tell I am excited?? I just can't wait to be alone with Mario, with a change of scenery to spark new interest and new conversation and learn more about a place I have never been.

Let's pray we do ok without Dalen!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Yay! You're going to love it, and I can't wait to hear your stories! Have so much fun!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, you guys are gonna have such a great time!! I have a little piece of advice for ya... when you tour the house, pay the extra money for the headphones. You learn SO MUCH more by doing the audio tour than you would by just walking through the house without it. It's totally worth it!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!