Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Humble Pie

This my friends...is Flo. We met first thing this morning as I ventured out to transport two clients to their doctor's appointments. Actually its a pic I googled b-c no matter how far I stepped back from the car she wouldn't fit in the frame of my camera.
Let me back up a little bit...so I must admit I have been a little proud of my new job with benefits, with vacation, with personal days and great pay. Part of my position requires some light transporting when necessary and another perk of the job is the benefit of using the agency car to do so. I have been telling everyone...I even get a car to transport clients!!! This morning was the first time I laid eyes on her.
There she was. This massive yacht on wheels was going to be impossible to maneuver I thought! I just knew God was having a GREAT laugh at this. To my surprise when I sat down in her I fell in love. This 1994 Buick Roadmaster is complete with plush leather seats, power locks/windows, sunroof and of course I CAN'T forget the "concert sound II" speakers (yes they actually say this). And once I got the thing going I realized why she is called "Flo"-because she does JUST that. She flows right alongside traffic making her grand entrance wherever she's headed.
She is a GREAT ride and only has 68,000 miles on her (less than both of our cars). I drove her all the way to Manufacturers Road, which is QUITE a drive!! Needless to say I didn't have desert tonight. I am still digesting my rather large piece of humble pie.

1 comment:

Mario Hood said...

NO we are not buying one! :-)