Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life.

Are you a firm believer that everything in life takes you somewhere? One job will lead to a promotion, your current apartment will one day lead to a house, your clunker will soon be traded in for a set wheels with that new car smell-do you think like that? I think I used to.

Recently, it's almost as if the motions mean nothing. I could hear my dad's voice resound from younger years advising, "Get you a good education & it will lead you to a good job." I began to reflect on how easy that used to sound. Now that I have that good education that led me to that good job it's almost as if the more money we have, the more things we have to spend it on. So I think I am learning the motions are just that, motions. The only one who brings blessing and advancement is God.

I was thinking all of this while driving my 1995 Toyota Camry (with bald tires and a smoking muffler) to Chick-fil-a. Dalen and I were filling the atmosphere with sinus infected coughs and a CD softly sang, "Our God Is An Awesome God". I was startled as my 1 year began to shout, "WOE-SHUP!" (worship) My eyes filled with tears as I knew God was speaking to me to worship in the motions.

My rear view mirror reflected squinted eyes & hands raised. Wow. God used my one year to remind me of a valuable lesson. On the way home I believe God hand painted a sunset in the west just for me. It too was a reminder of a beautiful future in him.

Be reminded that even the motions of life deserve to be worshipped through.

No comments: