Thursday, July 16, 2009

UNDER THE INFLUENCE!

Under The Influence...of pregnancy hormones that is.
I have finally had one! A cry for no reason, snot everywhere, embarrassing beyond belief...hormonal breakdown! Just when I thought this baby wouldn't do it to me, my hormones got the best of me-thank God I was in my office alone on my break. Well, we all know I am not a good designer/decorator. But I KNOW, just know if I have a girl her nursery will be bright red, with black furniture, accented with black and white pictures on her walls (and maybe a touch of white somewhere in the mix).
So, I thought while I had a little time I would google some nursery themes. Of course, for girls all there is, is butterflies and flowers and pink! No thank you! I don't think there is anything wrong with pink I just prefer red...pink is was too traditional for a gal and waaaay too girlie. I like the timeless and elegant tone of red. But guess what...there are NO red nursery bedding sets anywhere! Not target, wal-mart, babies r us or even on the cool websites (that I could NEVER afford) like Banana Fish or Cocolo! A few had a little bit of red but then pink always shoved its way in.
That was enough right there to get me just a' boilin'! Ok, who cares if no one sells red! I'll make my own darn blanket! By this time I am sobbing! Snot, sweat, tears EVERYWHERE! Just the time I try to be in touch with my maternal, Martha Stewart side I was obviously way off. Red must not be for babies! I was so upset I asked a lady I knew on Facebook if she would teach me how to make a patchwork quilt! HA! Which honestly I have really wanted to do for some time now.
Then to make matters worse I kept getting pop-ups on my work computer for nursing bras! I am totally avoiding upping a size and this was just a reminder I needed to do so. I just know during our audit next week a nursing bra ad will pop up! YIKES! Of course time has passed and hormones have leveled out and I am ready to tatoo DORK across my forehead. Hope you got a great laugh out of this!

No comments: