Monday, November 10, 2008

Date With Dad

Thursday nights are "my" nights. My supportive and hands on husband resumes all responsibility for Dalen and himself and I take off to my sister's house for a Bible study. There are 5 women in all. Most Thursdays I don't get home until 12 a.m.. Mario never complains and recently he has started waiting up on me. I LOVE Thursdays!
This last Thursday night I heard Mario talking to Dalen in our kitchen, explaining the AWESOME night he had planned for them. (he took Dalen to a Lee basketball game) It was quite humorous because Dalen was babbling away back to Mario as if he were excitedly responding.
Mario begins looking for something Dalen can wear. Mario's friend had told him earlier it was a "whiteout" game. Who knew there was such a thing? But basically all of the fans are supposed to wear white. So Mario is frantically trying to find a white shirt for Dalen (God forbid him stick out). The only 2 he can find are stained. So, he picks the white shirt with the smallest stain on it...lol. It was so funny. It made me really grateful though that I have a husband who wants to take our son out and spend quality time with him. The more families I get to know, the rarer a hands on dad becomes.

I love my husband.

No comments: