Saturday, November 1, 2008

Loved This

When I was pregnant I got a subscription to the magazine Cookie (parenting magazine) for free.  I love this magazine!  This month Jada Pinkett Smith and her daughter, Willow, were on the cover.  The Smith's are one of my favorite Hollywood families because they seem so down to earth and normal.  I absolutely LOVED something she said about teaching her kids about manners....
"It's not 'please' and 'thank you' or 'because I told you so,' she explains.  "I tell them, 'Everytime you go out into the world, you are leaving an impression of yourself and this family with other people.  What impression do you want to leave?  Do you really want people thinking you are spoiled rotten?"
I think this is a great way of explaining why manners are important.  Children don't understand what being polite is but they do understand other may think poorly of them if they act certain ways.  I will be using this one!! 


No comments: