Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Mystery of the Cupcake...SOLVED

Last night was a really different night for us. Usually I come home from work, eat, play with Dalen and go to bed. BUT we were invited over to The Hart's House for Chris's birthday party and since we love him so much...we couldn't resist attending. I put aside my tiredness and packed Dalen up for a few hours of partying and swimming.
We were 2nd to arrive (I wanted to get Dalen in the pool before the sun went down) and swam for a while. Dalen is quite the jumper! He loves making big splashes. It wasn't long before we saw some smoke rising from the grill and the smell of burgers and hot dogs was great! The first batch of burgers were trashed (don't ask) and we patiently waited for more meat. As we all sat and ate a storm came rolling in. Literally....we watched the clouds turn colors and move our way! YIKES!
The power went out but we didn't care-we partied on. After a while many of us found ourselves inside socializing. But there was one small problem...Dalen was missing! My heart panicked for a moment. The pool was clear of Dalen which was my main worry. He wasn't on the porch, in the kitchen, playing the piano or digging into chips! WHERE WAS HE!? The hunt for a toddler is hard enough but it seemed nearly impossible with the power out!
At last I found him in the family room, crouched down in the corner, with his face COMPLETELY buried in a cupcake!!!! He had been told ALL night he wasn't allowed to have one and so was everyone else. What little weasle gave him one???!!! I took my chocolate faced toddler into the kitchen demanding someone tell me who did this! I accused one guy who was totally innocent and then it became obvious....the one with the biggest laugh-Clark Campbell. He is STILL denying it even today! When we got in the car I came up with a novel idea-just ask Dalen. He can tell me! So I did and today his answer remains the same. Take a look for yourself.
PS-My favorite part is when he says I am sure!

No comments: