Monday, August 17, 2009

Under The Influence...

Under The Influence...

of pregnancy hormones, that is.



Today is a BIG day. Our little family will load up and go to Dalen's open house at his new school. He will have his first day of "class" on Tuesday. Not too long ago we got a packet from the school telling us what to expect, who his teacher is, a copy of the school calendar, AND a supply list! It totaled at 14 items. To be honest, I felt like this was a lot! Especially after registration costs and our monthly payment BUT of course I made a run to Wal-Mart last night and got everything so he would be prepared.



I entered Wal-Mart a.k.a. Hell. From the moment I stepped through the doors I felt sweat beads on my forehead. After looking to my right and left, I realized there were no buggies. You can ONLY IMAGINE how crowded this place was. Every student on Earth decided to load up for the school year at the exact time I decided to do. I told myself..."It's ok. You can manage to carry 14 items in your two arms just fine." Of course I was hoping and praying I would pass an empty buggy during my trip.



After gathering some of the items on the list, my arms became heavy. After cutting through the electronics on my way to the Play-doh, I scored an empty buggy! WAHOO! After getting Play-doh and jumbo classic colored crayons, I headed to find a small backpack and the rest is history.



I found a perfect black backpack for Dalen. As soon as I took it off the rack it happened...tears, sobbing, a rush of hormonal embarrassment. Luckily I wasn't too far from the bike section (where NO ONE was...I'm assuming no parent can afford a bike at this time due to supply lists!). I hid back there as every thought ridiculous to a mother's mind flooded over me. "I am starting him too young! I shouldn't be working full-time! Someone ELSE is going to be teaching him things I should teach him! A backpack?? Oh my gosh! My child has a backpack!"

Then I caught a glimpse of the backpack brand...Jeep. "He will be driving before I know it!" These meltdowns are ridiculous! But who can stop them?? It's like a rushing waterfall that can't be shut off! The thoughts & worries just keep rushing over me! Then I happened to realize my hands were covered in a black mucky mess...DANG IT! I didn't wear waterproof! Of course, I got it together and came out of hiding after my sobbing spell under the bikes.








No comments: