Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009 Christmas 2009

Cola's new doll.
Yep, he thinks he is a stud.
Nothing cuter than overalls!


What a blessed year 2009 has been! I almost hate to see it go it has been so good. I think I am learning life really does come in seasons. There has never been a season of abundance that hasn't been followed by a season of famine and never a season of trial that isn't followed by victory. I am praying and hoping for a wonderful year in 2010.

This Christmas was great. Of course you can not look at a house full of family, gifts under the tree, food on the table and reflect on the birth of Christ without knowing you are truly blessed. That is how I felt this year. Our normal Vining traditions continued strong and Livi threw a new tradition of tantrums with tears every 5 minutes and Dalen a new tradition of disobeying and saying, "You stop it!" It is insane that on days like Christmas your kids can act however they deem necessary and you are still thankful and smiling at the end of the day. Well, I'm not sure my Dad was still smiling...ha! Actually now that I really think about it I'm not sure I was either lol.

On Christmas Eve Dalen joined my dad, sister, brother-in-law and Livi at the movies to see Alvin And The Chipmunks. Oh my word! Nothing has had a greater impact on Dalen than this movie. He LOVED it! My sister said he kept holding out his hand for more popcorn without budging so he wouldn't have to take his eyes off the screen. I took him again the day after Christmas. I figure I might as well take advantage of being able to enjoy small things like this with just him while I can. Please enjoy the video of his rendition of Single Ladies that he learned from this movie.


At any spontaneous moment we are shocked out of our skin when he screams ALLLL-VIIIIIIN! followed by thunderous laughter. Once our hearts begin beating again and our ears stop ringing we then laugh too.

Dalen enjoyed bubble bath after bubble bath at my parents and his biggest enjoyment was opening up THREE drum sets. One from us and two electric sets-one from my dad and one from my sister. Is it any wonder that he listens to no one and follows his own desires? He is the most loved and spoiled kid I know. My favorite gift for Cola Leese was a newborn Cabbage Patch Doll that sits in a carrier. Her name is Aubrey Andrea and I think I'll keep her boxed up until she is ready to appreciate her. At one point Dalen was extremely confused about this baby. I kept explaining that doll is NOT yours it's your sister's. For a while he thought the doll was actually her. He looked at me and said, "Mommy! Let sissy out! She lives in box!" lol. I can't win for losing trying to make sense with Dalen.

I am so excited about tickets to the Tennessee Aquarium that my sister got me. We haven't set it in stone yet but I think we may save them for our Anniversary. We love the Aquarium! Dalen has yet to go so who knows, it may be our first family affair of four. We had a wonderful Christmas! I am convinced my parents should pass on downsizing for the sake of our growing family. It was awfully crowded this year and I can only imagine what years to come will be like.

Last year I began a tradition that Dalen and I would wear Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve and the morning of Christmas. I picked the prettiest red and winter white pair of pajamas out at Belk. I've had them for weeks, bagged and ready to go to carry on our tradition. I remember holding them up and thinking these are massive! They will surely fit-being they were a size XL in women's. To my surprise and disappointment the pants didn't pull up past my thighs and the shirt was breath taking and the seams began to crack at the shoulders. So I found myself rummaging through my moms closet, naked trying to find some of her pajamas I could squeeze into. Finally I found a pair of black silk pajamas. Instead of celebrating in my festive red feel goods I felt as though I was mourning the birth of Christ as I was swallowed in darkness. It will be a memory to laugh at...later.

All in all this gal has nothing to complain about this year. My two beautiful babies, wonderful husband, supportive family and loyal God are all I need. If I weren't so lazy I'd post more pics of our holiday...maybe I will later.

No comments: