Monday, December 14, 2009

Worry-free Weekend

This weekend was a great one! It was busy but good. I was really upset that I forgot to sign Dalen up for Parent's Night Out, being that I have NONE of my shopping done for Christmas but Friday turned out to be a nice night at home.

Saturday we took Dalen to the mall to meet up with my parents and Livi. My mom always gets their pictures done together with Santa and the Easter Bunny. We don't discourage Santa talk but we don't really encourage it either. Somehow, Dalen is already fascinated by that white haired man who works miracles for children.

We were a little early getting to the mall and Dalen sat and watched Santa from afar. He was itching to get to him and sit on his knee. He wasn't scared or anything and he somehow knew just what to do and say when he got up there. I guess he learns this from school?? He told Santa about 16 times he wanted a choo choo train and drums. We are working on the train. I have yet to find one with parts big enough for a child his age and of course I want it be one that goes around on a track. I have got to get my shopping done!
Here Dalen is later on in the day when he went back to visit Santa with Aunt Mel.

Here is Dalen holding a sign that says, "Santa Stop Here". He got this from Santa himself. His santa hat came from Aunt Mary.

And here they are...the crazy cousins. Poor Livi was squeezed half to death before she even got to Santa. Saturday night Dalen went to Aunt Mel's and ate cupcakes, visited Santa again and began to watch Finding Nemo. He was taken to Nemo On Ice earlier in the year and loved it but never saw the movie. He has watched it over and over again! He LOVES this movie.
Sunday my parent's church were having a Christmas production and Dalen and me visited. At the end they did cardboard testimonies. I can't even type about them without tearing up. There were about 50 people involved and it was one of the most powerful and moving things I have ever seen. My sister took part and Dalen thought it was soooo cool that she got to be on stage with all the lights and Christmas trees. You never know what people have experienced until you see one of these moving presentations.
One of my favorites was a girl I grew up with who's cardboard read: "Dyslexic, told I wouldn't graduate High School." The other side said, "Lee HONORS graduate." The ending testimony read "I should be dead." The other side read, "Alive In Him." How powerful! I am so thankful for all God has done in my life and in my family. It's amazing to see how he is moving amongst others too.


1 comment:

Abigail said...

A new teacher at school went to NC yesterday and said it was awesome... I should have gone!