Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dear Domestic Divas

Dear Domestic Divas,

This post is about all things domestic-that I haven't been gifted with. I have always wanted to make a patch work quilt and the desire has grown even stronger since I learned I am having a girl. I think there are a few things that have stopped me from trying-no sewing machine, time, the need of a teacher-but the biggest thing is the fear of failing.

I can so see my squares totally crooked and not matching. This Christmas I was given some very sentimental and domestic pillows with pictures on them (Thank you Ann!) and realized how special things when you can say my two hands made that. On Christmas day my niece pranced in for our big dinner in a handmade dress my sister just learned to make. I was blown away! It was perfect! All of the ribbon was straight and the fabrics and ribbon matched perfectly. Here are some pictures below.


I told Mario a few months ago I would love for our baby girl to go home dressed head to toe in an outfit I had made with a matching blankie. Of course, he encouraged me to "do it!". Not that easy I thought but now that I am seeing so many people around me making hairbows and tutus and dresses I think I may try something. Not sure what yet but if anyone wants to offer suggestions or FREE lessons just let me know!

Willing To Try,
Megan

No comments: