Saturday, December 5, 2009

Under The Influence: Espresso



Today has been planned a loooong time. Mario and I are cleaning out our guest room to make room for baby #2. We are also moving our bed into another room along with all of our other furniture, registering for my shower and going to get paint samples for the nursery. Exciting day, huh!?

Dalen will be at Parent's Shopping Day Out IF my parent's can get him there in the snow! Yesterday I was reviewing the items I needed for the baby. I was taking my last looks of approval and glancing at the crib and changer and bedding especially. Because cribs are convertible I want to make sure I pick the perfect one so that it will be around a long time.

The crib pictured above is the one that I picked out a loooong time ago. I love it and its a great price! All of the baby's furniture is black. Well, just yesterday (don't ask me how I overlooked it before) I realized that this crib is "Espresso" and that doesn't mean black. Now when you look at an Espresso, like a literal, drinkable Espresso-aren't those black?! Apparently I am color blind! Espresso when referring to furniture means a dark, dark, brown. UGH!

Of course, I was infuriated and began to cry-at work, with a volunteer in my office (luckily she didn't see me). I began to cry on and off all day. You know that pregnancy "glow" people talk about? Yeah, I don't have that. The only glow I get is from the shiny tears I cry. I am the most annoying female EVER pregnant. I hate myself pregnant. When I get upset pregnant its uncontrollable. I cry, sob, shout and will NOT let the issue at hand go.

I came home to just Mario (Dalen had gone to my parents) and told him the whole story. I was sobbing uncontrollably and explained I wanted THAT crib. I wanted to pay THAT price and I wanted to order THAT crib through site-to-store shipping through Wal-Mart which does NOT cost. I also yell like every 4th word to really emphasize my point. Of course, I am sure my husband sat thinking once again-where is a knob? A convenient knob to turn these waterworks down.

My wise and careful husband asks, "Well, did you check to see if it was sold in black too?" *Light bulb on* I began to think and NO I didn't! What a great idea! I am convinced pregnant women shouldn't drive when they are having high hormonal days-it really impairs logical thinking. So he begins googling the crib. The crib wasn't sold in black, only "Espresso". UGH! Then I began to really rant. I point at the crib and ask, "doesn't this look black!!!??? This should be false advertisement!" Then I make him google pictures of Espresso beans so he can see they are more black than brown. LOL!

A lot of people have told me since yesterday, Espresso really does look black. I just don't know. I feel like if I went in that nursery and thought dark, dark brown it would drive me nuts. I think I am going to HAVE to go black. Well, I now know how the furniture color naming people like their coffee-with a little cream and a little sugar, but DEFINITELY NOT black.

No comments: