Thursday, December 3, 2009

Car Crisis

Well fellow bloggers, I think my car is officially toast. My wonderful and positive husband is convinced it may be something inexpensive and minor to fix but I have a feeling it is toast. I must count my blessings (or type them) and say that I have been so very blessed to have never had a car payment before. My parents bought me a car in high school and college and let me keep it once I said, "I do". Mario has always paid cash for his cars. Both of our cars are just old and ready to retire.

My 1995 Toyota Camry started just fine this morning. I went to let it warm up while I put the finishing touches on my make-up and headed off to work. Before I left I heard the most AWFUL noise outside and then my husband walked in informing me the noise was my car. This was at about 8:55 and I begin my work day at 9. I was in need of an oil change, new headlight, interior light and tailight (which was all going to get done this week!) but now it looks like I need a whole new car completely. The car is 14 years old and I don't think it wise to put another penny into repairs.

Recently, I spotted a 1993 Saturn a friend has for sale with only 30 something thousand miles on it! WOW! That is like brand spankin' new to the Hood home. It is also fully loaded, has never been in an accident, and only had one owner who we know and trust. I have never driven a car under 100,000 miles on it-unless it was a rental. I am so interested in this car! I feel it would be so perfect. Maybe not spacy enough for 4 people but it would be reliable and thats what we need.

Immediately my mind began racing-you can't afford a car payment! You will never be approved for a loan! You can't take a payment on at Christmas, that will deplete money for gifts! UGH, My pessimistic mind! When will I ever learn to trust God completely without worrying first?! I have so much faith in God. I believe he can do anything. I have seen him do the impossible, work miracles and never let us go without. My problem is I worry first and trust second.

Today I have really been thinking about my mindset and realized something pretty amazing. If I would trust first I would never have to worry second! When we trust God first with everything, there is never a need to worry because he always provides, protects, heals and does it all just in time. So by faith I am hoping someone's heart will be softened to give us a loan for that car. We don't have great credit because we are young and have never really done payments on anything. We have a few bad things on our credit which I guess hurts a lot when you don't have much good credit to begin with. So please pray for our family as we make a decision and try to get a loan. I know God will be faithful.

No comments: