Thursday, March 25, 2010

Beautiful day with my beautiful family

Yesterday was a great day! With the exception of waking up thinking it was the big day me and Cola were supposed to head to Chattanooga to hear my sister speak at a a American Heart Association luncheon. I dressed Lady in all red, put on my red heart bracelet and headed down Parker Street towards the interstate. Luckily, I called my sister to see where she was and she told me, "Uh, thats on Thursday!" So I headed to Target instead. You can see little one up top all dressed, with her little curls. I love them!
We finished at Target and Mario let me know they were at Deer Park. I love the picture of Dalen above. He loves being outside and loves the park! After about an hour the park was the hot spot in Cleveland. It was so crowded! Everywhere I looked there were moms and babies, strollers everywhere, and even two postal workers eating lunch on a bench. It was a beautiful day everyone wanted to take advantage of.
Here we are! We sat on a bench and watched Dalen run crazily throughout the park. Poor Cola Leese spent almost the entire time squinting because the sun was so bright. I think I will get her some sunglasses soon!
Ok, this picture is so worth 1,000 words. Mario can barely even keep his eyes open because the sun is so bright, Dalen is mad because sissy got in the picture, he is whining because his eyes hurt because of the sun, and next you so see sibling rivalry as his hand is placed every so lovingly over her Cola's...FACE! For all of you who know Dalen-you know this was NOT an accident.
Then we went to Moe's and ate on their patio. Dalen barely ate because he was too busy watching the birds. I threw them a lot of bread from my quesadilla and he jumped in his chair, laughed and screamed. He actually shared food for the 1st time in his life! He pegged the birds with chips, cheese and even a bite of cookie. I was so proud of him for actually sharing (something he does NOT do well) that I let go of the fact he was being too loud to attract birds and way too hard with his throwing.

It was such an awesome day! I love good food mixed with a great family and lots of sunshine!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

ohhhh hilarious that he covered her face/eyes. at first I thought he was just being helpful because the sun was bright...