Tuesday, March 30, 2010

George Part 2

Ugh. I think I am about to disown our unplanned addition to the family-George. George is causing nothing but trouble or is it Dalen causing the trouble and using George as the outlet so he won't be punished...yeah, that sounds more like it.

Last night Dalen was sent to his room for, oh forgive me but I have stopped keeping track, and when I went to tell him his time was up I found him in his crib, George in one hand, one leg over his crib, and the other dangling. The problem-Dalen wasn't put in his crib, he climbed in. "Dalen how did you get in your crib!?" Eyes wide and a little fearful looking (he was still dangling on the side of his crib) he responded, "George!" I got a little video of it and sent it to my family.

Tonight I told Dalen like 1,000 times he couldn't get into his Easter basket filled with eggs because it was to be used at his school egg hunt and I found him snooping in the candy that was hid in the eggs. I told him to get away from the basket and if I saw him over there again I would throw all of it away and for those of you who know me well enough know I really would have. So things got quiet and I realized he finally listened and left the table BUT where did he go. I called his name several times but heard no answer. I started down the hall and heard Dalen laughing and my dad's voice. This was getting all too weird. I followed Dalen's laughter into my closet where he was crouching down on a pile of shoes and talking to my dad on speaker phone. He knows how to make calls but pressing send and Dad was the last person we called so there they sat. Dalen laughing and Dad laughing as well. The joke was on me! Guess who else was hiding?? Yep, you got it-George!

1 comment:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I know "cute" is prob. not the word you would want associated with this George fiasco, but Dalen (and George) are cracking me up! Just looking at that sneaky grin while he's holding George melts my heart...I really don't know how you can stand up to it.