Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Secret Love Affair

I have a confession. I have been having a secret love affair with Sleep. It's all I think about, dream about, pursue after, desire, want, cherish when we are together-you get the point. Last night was an amazing date between the two of us. We put Lady in her playpen at about 10:30 and got 4 solid hours of sleep and then were woken again at 4 am and 7:30 and then both kids allowed us to sleep until 9 am. Now that my friends, is a miracle! Dalen actually slept passed 7 am! WOW!

Sleeping in until 9 made way for a frantic morning considering we never get Dalen to school after 8:30 but what's the harm in a kid sleeping in every once in a while? I am just glad I was actually on top of things and already had his backpack packed with his clean sheet and blankie and had an outfit in mind for him to wear. I then proceeded to take about a three hour nap today. I have killed my pride. I need sleep and I know it!

My neck is still giving me horrible problems and seems to be the onset of HORRIBLE headaches. They are so bad that all I can do is lay as still as possible and literally pray Dalen doesn't let out one of his screams and that the baby doesn't cry. We literally spent the whole entire night on Sunday whispering to each other and ban Dalen from playing with any toys on the hardwood floor. Nothing helps-I have tried Tylenol, Motrin, IB Profen and I have actaully contemplated taking one of my Percocets (that's when you know I am so desperate).

Anyway-our days have been spent asking Dalen over and over what hat he wants to take to show and tell on Thursday. For those of you who don't know, Dalen has a hat collection from all over the world that keeps growing every time my Dad visits somewhere new or far away.
Here is Dalen before he took off to school today.

No comments: