Monday, March 1, 2010

See You In Your Dreams...

I am so exhausted I honestly do not know how I am currently functioning. I forgot this part. The part where you go endless nights with literally no sleep at all and you are so tired that you walk around looking horribly like a headless zombie. You know how the Bible says God has storehouses of snow? I think he meant to have storehouses of sleep for times like these. You could just cash in some sleep and he could watch over the kids and the house.

Literally, the last two nights our little lady has pushed every button and tried every thing she could to keep us awake ALL night. I am NOT exaggerating. If I wasn't up, Mario was. I know what you are thinking, just nap when she does but thats impossible with a rowdy two year old running around. So I have been hired on to a new full time job-keeping this baby up ALL day.

There are only a few ways to keep a sleeping baby awake; cold rag on the cheeks, change their diaper, blow in their face, take their clothes off and on. Needless to say, your day is spent annoying the hound out of your kid. It's annoying and makes a very cranky baby but I am so hoping for a sleeping baby tonight. Any suggestions??

1 comment:

lindsay rae said...

well, i know this doesn't make a TON of sense. but, the more graham sleeps during the day, the better he does at night. ben was the same way. i know that doesn't seem logical, but i'm dead serious. my friend, natalie, had the exact same experience. good nappers make good night sleepers. (that's been my experience anyway!)