Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm Moooovin' On Up....Down Actually!


What a journey it has been the last few months! I have experienced every given emotion known to man. There has been so much I wanted to blog about but just couldn't at the time. My last day of work was Jan. 15th. The non-profit I was working for began having major funding issues and my position became very unstable. We knew an employment change was going to have to happen...fast! Perfect timing! I had the stress of delivering our 2nd baby and the thought of what we were going to do about our jobs and finances.

To be honest Cleveland hasn't felt like home for a very long time. I have felt for so long we have no purpose here. Yes, my family is here, we attend a great church, Dalen goes to an awesome preschool and I am blessed to have such loyal friends-but I just feel like the plan and purpose for our life isn't here. If you were to ask me why I am here I would have to say because when I was six my parents brought me here, I continued my education here and now it's just safe and comfortable. I have no firm answer for the question.

I am going to sound really immature when I confess that I have always been within 10 minutes from my parents, lived with a family member or in a home owned by my dad, and I have never been away from home for longer than a vacation. Somehow I have known for sometime that it is time. Time to follow the calling God has for my family and to follow it alone.

After months of praying, crying, interviewing, searching and believing we know God has opened the door of opportunity for us. This opportunity is nearly ten hours from Cleveland. I am not good with change but everytime I think I of relocating a strong peace surfaces within me. Orlando, Florida will become home. I have been praying I will be able to sing It Feels Like Home To Me when we get there. Because home for our family is what we have been searching for. Although I am 25 with two kids and a husband I feel like my life is just beginning because I have never truly owned my own life. I feel like I have always done what is convenient and safe.

We found a great townhouse in a gated community and its almost 500 square feet bigger than our house now. Mario is moving on the 30th this month and the rest of us will be leaving after the first week of May. Though the transition is bittersweet I am beginning to taste the sweetness stronger everyday. I am trusting we will succeed and the kids will adjust well. I think this is going to be a transition that brings our little family so close and allows us to grow in so many ways.

May God's will be done in the Hoods!

2 comments:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I'm really excited for you guys! This is going to be an amazing journey. I know what it is like to move far away...from comfort so vent to me anytime! I know you guys will be greatly missed!!

Shawn Virginia said...

Wow! What crazy news! It's always a challenge to move away from the comfort of family. But you really do learn to rely on God, your husband, (and children) in a whole new way. Good luck to you guys! When exactly do you move?