Tuesday, April 20, 2010

16 Days







I can't believe there are only 16 days left until our departure to the south of the south. It seems as though it was just yesterday we got the offer. Now, our house is getting packed away in cardboard boxes and you can't take two steps without stepping over something. I have found myself spending every spare minute with my friends and I can't barely think of not having them near.

Dalen came home yesterday with an arm pretty scraped up and he loudly announced, "I broke my arm today...three times! Yep, three times, Mommy!" He began to wave his arms about and shake his head and tell me the whole story which now I can't recall but I do know it ended with him breaking his arm three times. He called my mom and told her the news and she freaked out until I shouted, "Not true, he's lying!" We met friends at the park so he could play with Charis. After a while of playing he starting chucking rocks in the water and happened to pick up one rock which wasn't a rock. Luckily my friend was close enough to scream and dust a ball of dog poop out of his hand! Thank God for my nifty hand sanitizer keychain.

When we got home he told the story of picking up dog poop and of course added his special edition details. He told my dad and Mario he tasted dog poop. Thankfully, that was another lie. Today Dalen was sent to his room to play drums while I tried to feed the baby and put her down for a nap and he must have hit his finger with one of the sticks. We heard him yell, "OUCH! You stick! Stick you off to time out! You hurted my fingers!"

I think we are all ready for the big move and anticipating getting it over with and being settled in our new home. Dalen is excited about living near Free Willy and Mitty Mouse (Mickey Mouse). He even calls my dad and says this is Mickey Mouse Dalen Hood then my dad responds this is Goofy John Vining. Well, I must run. Dalen just barged in and announced he is getting his piano and after he sings he will be married. This should get interesting!

No comments: