Monday, April 26, 2010

Moon Cheese

Thank you for all your prayers concerning Cola Leese. She returned to Sky Ridge at 8 am Sunday morning and with no problems from the ER this time they took us to register to be admitted to the pediatric wing. The computer system was down so all of our information had to be hand written but it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would take. After a heel stick and a lot of questions the doctor reported the cell count was back to normal and because her fever had been gone we could go home on an antibiotic. Our visit was about 2 1/2 hours and boy was I soooo thankful!

Dalen returned home and we went to the park with friends last night. He played really well and later called my dad and said, "Dad, I have a girlfriend and her name is Taris." That was news to me! So cute! I have done so WONDERFUL on my diet. I did splurge yesterday at lunch because my mom cooked for us but I didn't overdue it! I grabbed panera for dinner and that was my 1st meal I have eaten out in 7 days! I am really proud of myself. Self-control is a beautiful thing. Mario called while I was picking up my sandwich and asked if I would get him some Baskin Robbins. Dalen asked the whole way home if he could have some I told him, "This is for Daddy and I am sure he will share it." So, we get home and Dalen marches straight to Mario and says, "Hey Dad. That's yours and you can share if you want." I am pretty sure Dalen got the most ice cream.

This afternoon Dalen kept begging for "more cheese". Or at least I thought that's what he said! Then I realized it was saying "moon cheese" and he was referring to circle slices of Provolone. Pretty funny. We only have a few more days here in Cleveland! Slowly but surely we are almost all packed up and ready to relocate. It's definitely beginning to be a bitter sweet moment for us. Mario and I have been talking a lot about how different things are going to be. We have even thought of doing a year of 30 day challenges to strengthen our marriage and family. More of that to come!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad that Cola is ok. Yes mom's always know best when their babies are sick.

Also I just got caught up on your blogging. Thanks for writing such a sweet blog about your visit. I'm glad Dalen enjoyed himself so much. I'm embarrassed you think I've got it all together, trust me it's not always that way. You are doing a great job with Dalen and Cola. It doesn't matter how it all looks on the outside what counts is how you interact with your kids.

I know this move is going to be such a big change for you both but it is such a great adventure. Hopefully we will see you when we are there in June.