Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sunshine

Well, we traded sunny Cleveland for sunny Orlando and nothing truly compares to a beautiful sunset seeping through the palm trees over water! Yes, this is our second visit to Orlando and for those of you super observant you are probably starting to get a little curious-I will share soon.

While enjoying our time here I realized something-I think accents are situational. After communicating with so many people here their accents began to run together and seep out of my mouth. It was so strange! I think the first hour conversation with a friendly hispanic woman named Brenda just did me in! I realized while paying such close attention to her to make sure I understood her some of my words began to sound a little spanishy-it was really weird! I guess anything is better than my redneck country drawn out words.

We got lost today-Mario's wonderful GPS is faithful to fail us and as I began to look to our right and to our left I realized very quickly this was NOT where we were supposed to be. We passed a pimped out golf cart sittin' on rims though...HILARIOUS! Did I mention it was painted orange??

Tonight I saw The Last Song. This movie is so good but very sad. So sad, that after 25 years of movie watching, I cried. The only other movie I have ever cried in was Annie-yeah that should make you laugh. One specific part I just loved (no I am not giving anything big away) was when the dad said, "Sometimes love is just not big enough!" He was explaining his divorce to his wife to his young son. A lady behind us called out, "Love is ALWAYS enough!" Well, speak the truth sista! It was hilarious! The setting of this movie is so beautiful and I am a sucker for movies that are placed perfectly. I did realize through this movie that Miley's mouth is so annoying. Her teeth are just enough unperfect that you just want to scream. It's like a picture barely off center or tilted to one side just enough to realize it-yeah, annoying! I just wanted to shout, "Tooth! Back in place! Just a little to the right!" But I do think she did a great job in the movie.


No comments: