Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lost & Found

Our house currently looks as though it has been turned into a cardboard factory. We found out Wal-Mart is very generous with their boxes at night when they stock the shelves. If you are willing to go there, at midnight, you can just roam the aisles and take any you want from buggies around the store. The packing adventure has begun.

In 2006, I completed my cross-cultural trip to London. I absolutely loved my trip and took a lot of pictures that I was really proud of. About two weeks after my trip my husband noticed my computer was super slow because of all of the pics I had on it. So, he had the wise idea to put them on CDs. I totally objected to his plan because we aren't the most organized people in the world and I just knew they would get lost and of course they did. They have been lost for years. Literally! I never got them developed because we were newly weds and couldn't afford them and by the time we could the CD was gone. We have looked for it numerous times and we have had no luck.

Monday, I cleared my part of the bookshelf off and glanced into a DVD case that held a sermon series and there it was. I KNEW IT WAS THEM! I raced in the family declaring I had found them. Mario objected saying he had already checked the two CDs before and it was them and I insisted he check again and there they were! Picture after picture of stained glass, cathedrals, castles and my skinny little body in front of Sigmund Freud's former home! I screamed, laughed and jumped up and down! I would have uploaded them to this blog BUT Mario's CD drive isn't working and my laptop is SOOOO slow. They are found! I will share them soon.

That isn't the only thing that's been lost in this house! Mario decided to leave his wedding ring on the kitchen table after I have told him not to because of Dalen and George. Yes, George is a member of our family. I just figured with all of the trouble he causes he might as well be. I took off to Target with Cola and got a call. The conversation went like this...

Mario-Babe? Have you seen my ring??
Me-What ring?
Mario-Uh...my ring! Wedding ring!
Me-Nope-but you better find it.

That was all I had to say. I paid $700 for that thing! I get home and Mario and Dalen were off to the gym playing. When they got home the search began. It began with a conversation between Mario and Dalen.

Mario-Son, where is Daddy's ring. It's ok just tell me.
Dalen-You ring?? Oh, oh. Yeah, it's in here.
(I knew it wasn't going to be that simple.)
Mario-In where?
Dalen-The trash. I threw it away.
(Well, at least he didn't blame George!)
Mario goes through all the trash cans in our house. Each piece of trash at a time. NO ring. In the meantime Dalen poops in his pants and is sat on the potty.
Dalen-It's in here Daddy! I flushed it down the toilet!
(Please, let that be a lie too!)
Mario-Hush, son!
After a very long time of searching Mario's wedding ring was found...in Dalen's Escalade. I text my sister immediately to tell her the good news. Her response-Dalen! He is so gangsta!

I confessed to Mario I thought we would never find it! Then I asked where did you put it. He says-On the ledge in the kitchen. My response-on the ledge that Dalen can reach? The ledge he got our keys off of this morning? The ledge he searches on to find ink pens to write on the walls?

Men! Will they ever, ever learn??

No comments: