Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Guilty Mom









Today has been an awesome day! I woke up to both babies in wonderful moods and lots of smiles. Dalen has been a terrific big brother today. He was so gentle that he has been allowed to hold the baby several times-with my assistance. I am in a wedding in June and needed to pick up my dress so we headed to Chattanooga only to find that David's Bridal was still closed. They don't open until 11. I figured I shouldn't waste the trip so we headed off to Hamilton Place and Dalen began to play on the playground. It wasn't too long before the train started up and he begged to ride. He rode once by himself and he was just so good! He didn't stand up or misbehave. He sat smiling waving at everyone that passed. He asked to ride again and since he was so good I let him. He was the only child on the train the 2nd time. The driver said, "Ma'am why don't you and the baby come? I won't charge you." I wanted to say, "Have you seen the size of my rear end? It is twice the size of your little cars." I told him it was fine and then Dalen asked me to go. I was certain a loud alarm was going to sound & an announcement would be made saying, "PLEASE EXIT THE TRAIN! YOUR WEIGHT IS PASSED THE LEGAL LIMIT!" But we chugged right along and Dalen asked to hold Cola most of the way.

I remembered I had a gift card from Christmas to Charolette Russe and looked around for a while. Dalen totally demolished their necklace section and started getting really antsy. He ran off from me several times to hide in the racks and I would shout his name and tell him he was going to get lost if he didn't come back. About the 3rd time I said it the power went off!! It couldn't have been longer than 2 seconds when Dalen came coming with his eyes wide. He stomped his foot and said, "MOMMY! You really got me lost!" I laughed so hard because he thought I had cut the lights out. The power went off two more times! Dalen began getting super tired and the baby got hungry. I knew it was my cue to leave.

The food court was slammed and I figured I will stop somewhere else to get hot water and Dalen lunch. So I stopped and then got on the interstate. It wasn't until my exit I realized I TOTALLY forgot to get my dress! UGH! I literally shouted out, "You have got to be freaking kidding me Megan!" Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

No comments: