Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Highlights Of Mommyhood

Here's Dalen. This was taken yesterday. His fever was about 101 and he had no other symptoms. So, we took the day off to stay at home. Later in the day his fever broke and he has had no other additional problems since! Here are a few highlights of my day.

1. Woke up to a whiny hiney and realized he had a fever.

2. At about 11 am I noticed Dalen kept standing weird and squatting. He knows what it means to poop and pee and where his diaper is. (I think he will potty train early or maybe I am just hoping.) I asked him, "Did you poop in your diaper?" He stands up completely straight sticks his hand in the back of his diaper and pulls out a nice piece of a brown surprise. NICE! Needless to say, getting stuff out from under the nails is A LOT harder than just cutting them!

3. Dalen wouldn't eat all day and didn't really eat at all the day before earlier. I've learned as long as they are consuming liquids and staying hydrated, don't worry so much about eating. I let it slide after he kept running off with a cheerios. I wasn't really paying much attention to him actually eating them. Later I heard him crunching by the couch. He kept creeping down where I couldn't see him. Well, he had taken the Cheerios alright! Taken them and stashed them....IN HIS DIAPER! And he was enjoying a nice afternoon snack, straight from his diaper. At least, they hadn't turned into chocolate cheerios! haha

Isn't mommyhood so glamorous???!!!

No comments: