Monday, March 2, 2009

Getaway!

Here is a little about our weekend getaway. Sorry for the lack of pics but I forgot my camera to put them on here. So here are two from my phone and I will upload the rest later.



Thursday came fast! We had majority of our stuff laid out to pack before church that night including Mario's electric razor. Dalen got a hold of it, turned it on and went to town! Luckily he only got one little spot that can be easily covered by the rest of his bushy fro. Here is his new do pictured below.

Dalen went down for a nap and after about an hour I heard him shrieking. I immediately knew something was wrong. I rushed to his crib only to find him sitting there screaming. I took him out and stood him up and he immediately threw up everywhere and fell to the ground holding his foot. Ok, I knew something was SERIOUSLY wrong. But what?



He could not walk. He drug his left foot behind him and any pressure on it all was enough to send him whaling. I called the pediatrician and they said to bring him to the ER for x-rays. He still wasn't standing on it or allowing it to be touched. His foot was very swollen and red. Mario left the church to come to Dalen's rescue. By the time we got to the back he was practically running everywhere....I felt like a total idiot.



No broken bones, just swelling and irritation that most likely indicated a bad sprain. He was totally fine the rest of the night. We have no clue how this happened in his crib. We think he may have gotten his foot stuck between his crib bars and pulled it out to quickly.



Friday morning came quickly and we were off to Asheville. Enterprise overbooked rentals so we ended up having to take my dad's car. The drive was AWFUL! I am NOT a fan of driving in the mountains and it was so scary! You know you are driving a treacherous road when the mountains are wearing skirts to block rocks from falling on you! There were signs indicated trucks could tip if they didn't watch their speed! AHHH!!!



Anyways we arrived only to find our hotel had a TGIFridays connected to it! Wahoo! This was the restaurant we ate at on our first date and the night we got engaged! We were excited and ate a late lunch there. Then we were off to the movies to see Traded. GREAT MOVIE! We drove around downtown seeking out where we wanted to visit the next day. The rest of the night was spent in our room taking it easy



Morning came fast and I didn't wake up until 8:30! What a difference an extra hour and a half makes! Honestly, our room was so silent I couldn't relax! Silence at home usually means Dalen is being super sneaky so he won't get caught doing something bad. After being a mom for a year and a half...silence is VERY loud.



We ate breakfast at our hotel for FREE! Compliments of the check-in lady since it was our anniversary. After breakfast we were on our way to the Biltmore. WOW! What a house! I am so thankful Katie told us to do the audio tour. Mario really wanted to do it too so we put on our headsets and were off to tour the house.



My favorite room was the Van Dyke room. It was full of shades of green (my favorite color). I also LOVED all of the antique tea pots everywhere and was quick to spot them all. Between each room we did little talking and a lot of listening. Mario would count 3-2-1 and we would punch the button for the next room so that we were listening to everything together. I loved a very delicate looking letter opener on Mrs. Vanderbilt's desk in her room. I was careful to notice the swimming pool because Abby told me it was her favorite part. It was pretty amazing! Here is a pic I got on my phone.


After the house we were off to the winery, then downtown. We looked around in little shops and explored the city. Because of Asheville's forecast for Sunday, we decided to take off Saturday afternoon to stay in Pigeon Forge overnight. My parent's had rented a spacious condo for them and Dalen and said we could stay. We were really excited to see Dalen and he was excited to see his dad.

The condo had a huge jacuzzi tub and I got in it with Dalen. He played forever in there! He learned how to turn the jets on and off and knows how to dunk his face under without getting choked. Hopefully we will have a swimmer this summer! The BIG silver faucet was Dalen's favorite. He thought it was microphone! He would hold it and shout into. It was hilarious! He also knows a fireplace is HOT and anytime a camera comes out to say CHEESE! He are a few videos.

No comments: