Monday, March 2, 2009

Sticklers

Lately, I have really been tested by sticklers. I have come to realize these people REALLY try my patience! Trust me, I understand rules & regulations are in place for a purpose & they have been carefully thought out BUT sometimes is it really necessary to follow through with performing the rules?

Like the cashier at Food Lion that insists on reading every small detail on my coupons! I come in there every week with at least 7 coupons. Doesn't she know by now, if it isn't in the buggy the coupon isn't going to work. The register will let her know without her reading it and going back through my purchases to see if there REALLY are 6 cans of Earth's Best baby food. So annoying!

Or what about the cashier at Panera who asked to see my ID for my debit card...uh, don't you know that's what a pin # is for? I could understand if it was a credit card and no, I'm sorry I am not going back out to my car for my ID when I have a one year old to carry in 30 degree weather. He also proceeded to tell me he could only give me a small water. When I looked at him like he was an idiot and preceeded to let him know I pay $0.25 for a extra large water in a plastic cup, he then tells me I'm sorry the manager wouldn't be pleased if I charged for something that doesn't exsist on our keypad. What the heck? So, he would rather NOT make an extra quarter at the end of the day? Hmmm, exactly what kind of manager do you work under?

And then there was the cashier at the McDonalds in Asheville...which might I add has a grand piano in it! Yes, grand piano in a nasty greasy McDonalds. Only, this McDonalds is like a 5 star McDonalds! You would be amazed. I walked in wondering how a McDonalds could afford a grand piano and then I shortly thereafter found out...I asked for 2 honey mustards because there were two different things purchased for two seperate people and she tells me...oh, sorry I have to charge you for any sauces over one! Could she just have waved a flashing banner and sounded some cymbals and shouted the good ole' US is in recession! or maybe that's how we are paying for that grand piano! GRRR!!!

My dear friend at the nail place which I get my eyebrows waxed at even pulled one on me...she can only wax my eyebrows with a child who is seated and strapped in a car seat or stroller! Yes, I'm serious! Well, good luck! Because my child ain't sitting still long enough for you cut down the forest that has grown above my eyes because of lack of time to care about my appearance.

Well there's one more thing I need to pray about....patience for sticklers. They can REALLY be a pain.

No comments: