Wednesday, May 6, 2009

1-2-3 JUMP!

Yesterday was a fun filled day. Dalen went to Parent's Day Out and as soon as I picked him up we went to the doctor. It was time for a new eye exam for myself. For all of you new moms-don't EVER take your child to the eye doctor.
Because of Dalen's love for Wheel Of Fortune every time I had to read letters for the doctor he would randomly scream other letters to the point the doctor could barely even understand what I was saying. Then he would show me different slides and say which is better 1 or 2 and he would scream 9! 3! 6! After a while the doctor just couldn't hold his laughter in any longer. he assured me before leaving Dalen would DEFINITELY go places in life-hmm, I am not sure what places he was talking about so I'm a little leery of taking that as a compliment. Dalen then tried on some frames while I picked new glasses. Professor Dalen
After my appointment we headed home for while before Dalen's first swim school class. I am not convinced he learned anything but it was really fun to have him in the water. He was totally dependent upon me since he can't swim yet and I accepted that as a time to bond. Dalen had a whole audience come to watch him including: Gran, Mario, baby (Yibby), Aunt Mary and Gigi (my grandmother). He jumped in bravely and slid down the water slide squealing and laughing.
The cutest part was his brand new swim trunks from Aunt Mymel. He sported them proudly.
This morning I gave my beautiful wedding ring up to be repaired. Thank God for lifetime warranties! One of my diamonds fell out and she will be back in about 2 weeks. I learned while at the store my ring is no longer sold but people still want it. You can only find it in outlets. So now I am just wearing my band which is totally fine. Dalen also tried out to be a model for a local photographer who is new. She was looking for some young ones to photograph to add to her portfolio. We will know by the 11th if they are interested in working with him!


2 comments:

gatrgrl10 said...

how could she not be interested!

The Cox Family Times said...

I cried laughing at you at the eye doctor. I was reading it to David and crying I was laughing so hard....The problem is I can sooo hear my daughter yelling the same things because she too LOVES LOVES wheel of fortune!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funy!