Sunday, May 17, 2009

Daddy Does It-Mommy Tries

Ok hopefully no one will hack into my blog and find out Mario is out of town and I am home alone with Dalen. I guess it really wouldn't matter since he has posted it all over Facebook and Twitter. I think we will have a talk about this when he returns.

Why is it that your toddlers feelings of dislike towards you seem to increase just when your hubby skips town? I mean seriously, every time! It's like I gave Mario the boot and Dalen is taking out his feeling of outrage against me. Mario snuck off to Virginia while Dalen was napping, for a leadership conference. Of course when he woke up he began screaming Daddy! Here we go I thought. Tantrum #1. I thought I would get ahead on cutting coupons and give Dalen the privilege of running free through the kitchen and hallway.

After looking out of the blinds for a moment I hear hysterical laughter and stomping feet at the window. Dalen saw Mario's car parked outside and thought he had returned. Minutes passed and no Daddy came in. Tantrum #2.

After recovering from the tantrum Dalen took off to the hallway-fine by me I was getting coupons cut! Then I heard something really loud-silence! Something must be terribly wrong. Silence is never good and very loud with a little one. I go to Dalen's room only to find he had literally taken every stitch of clothing out of his drawers and scattered them about his already messy room. GRRR!!!! I guess as I was gathering clothes back up Dalen escaped without me knowing-that little sneaky thing! I run into the kitchen only to find he had taken all of our dirty clothes from laundry baskets and crammed them into the dryer with a freshly washed and dried load of clothes! GREAT! Now I get to do all of this laundry b-c I can't figure what's clean and what's not! GRRR!!!!! Back behind the lovely gated community. Tantrum #3.

I've told you many times before Mario puts Dalen to bed. Dalen was exhausted and just kept crying and crying for his Dada. Tantrum #4. Finally after rocking, singing, reading, praying, interceding and experiencing a miraculous breakthrough-Dalen sleeps sound. My motto for the week-Daddy does it-Mommy tries.

I guess it's true, its the effort that counts.

No comments: