Thursday, May 14, 2009

Self Check-Out

Do you ever wonder why Wal-Mart has 46 lanes but onlyabout 5 stay open? I wondered that last night for about the 1 millionth time last night. I ran in to grab just a couple things while Mario drove in the parking lot with Dalen. When I know what I need, I promise I can be in & out of Wal-Mart in about 7 minutes. Well, that is IF their lines aren't as long as the greenway (oh, can't you tell I'm a Clevelander?!).

After a quick scan of forever long lines I saw a young girl probably my age, about to finish at the self check-out. I am NOT a fan of self check-out. I do not like the loud boisterous lady screaming at me, "PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN THE BAG! PLEASE INSERT CASH OR OTHER METHOD OF PAYMENT! DO YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL ITEMS UNDER YOUR CART?" She drives me nuts! They should have a soft toned elderly lady with a British accent. I think I would be a lot more tolerant.

Anyways, the girl begins to place cash into the machine and she is carefully unwrinkling every bill and just looking around aimlessly while doing so. She then begins to pull out a coin pouch very carefully and count each peice of change. Her reciept then printed and she placed it strategically in the middle of her wallet after precisely folding it down the middle. COME ON GIRL! Get the show in the road!!!

After minutes of her piddling in her bags I kindly asked her to step aside. I mean seriously, people are so inconsiderate! Fine, I understand you want an organized wallet and track of all of your purchases...but do ya mind stepping aside to organize so I can begin to ring my stuff up? Ok so I lied, I don't understand wanting an organized wallet...just throw it in your purse. It doesn't have legs and its not going to walk off. If you need it later just dig...it will be there.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

1- I hate Wal-Mart... it might even be the gate to Hell.

2-I MIGHT be that girl that wants an organized wallet.... =) teehee... sorry!