Monday, May 11, 2009

A Very Happy Mother's Day

Today I am a little upset with myself that I let a whole entire Mother's Day slip away without capturing a picture of me and my boys. So I had to dig through old ones for this post. This picture really is perfect for this post.

I got a Happy Mother's Day a little earlier than expected. In fact, at 12:16 a.m. to be exact. Little Dalen began to scream over and over from his crib. This too shall pass, this too shall pass I kept telling myself-but it didn't. So, I figured some sleep was better than none and laid Dalen snugly between Mario & me. After about an hour, I drifted asleep. I was jarred awake hundreds of times as Dalen kicked, hit and yes, even head butted me. I was awake and saw it coming after he randomly sit straight up in his sleep and quickly collapsed his forehead right between my eyes. He never woke up and Mario snoozed on. At 4 a.m. I gave up and moved to the couch. Nothing was on TV.

Finally about 6 a.m. I drifted back asleep only to be startled awake to the roaring alarm! What in the world was the alarm doing going off on a Sunday morning at 6:15 a.m.?! I kept waiting for someone to turn it off and after waiting and waiting that someone became me. I shook Mario awake wondering what the alarm was doing going off. He rolled back over. GRRR!!! Can't a woman get some sleep!? It was so not funny at the time but what a wonderful way to spend the morning of Mother's Day-on the couch with a throbbing nose, while the boys snoozed through everything that happened.

At about 7 I thought I could possibly sleep maybe 15 minutes-i woke up at 8:40!!! We had waaay overslept! We rushed off to church and had a WONDERFUL guest speaker. Yanna Higging from New Hope spoke. What an amazing and moving message she delivered. Praise God for timely words from his servants.

Dalen went off to lunch with mom, dad and my grandma while Mario treated to me to lunch at the Bistro. It was a great way to spend Mother's Day. Right after lunch we got Dalen and spent some time outside. I am very thankful for a healthy son and wonderful mom and grandmothers.

No comments: